Gallagher earth rod/earth stake - 0,5 m (incl. 3 m cable)
Sufficient earthing is necessary for a pasture fence to function properly. Only use galvanised earth rods, as these are rustproof and therefore more conductive.
Also use earth rods of the correct length - to match the power of your electric fence. The length of the earth rods and the number required depends on the electric fence unit used.
- Portable Energisers: minimum length 0.5 m
- 12V energisers: minimum length 1 m
- Mains-powered devices: minimum length 1.7 - 2 m
- Always drive the earth rods into damp soil.
- Keep a distance of 3 m between the individual earth rods.
- Only use rustproof earth rods - rust has an insulating effect and impedes the voltage return to the electric fence unit.