Thank you for visiting our online shop. Protection of your privacy is very important to us. Below you will find extensive information about how we handle your data.
Electricfence-online.co.uk is a division of Inavata Limited, which is filed as a company at the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales in Cardiff under the company number 11521310 is responsible for processing personal data as set out in this privacy statement.
If you have any questions please contact us directly using the contact data provided in our site notice.
Contact details: Inavata Limited, Curriers close, Canley, CV4 8AW, Coventry, United Kingdom, Tel: 0121 281 8163.
In the event of questions or complaints about the way in which Inavata Limited deals with your privacy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data we process
Inavata Limited obtains personal data when you use our services or because you provide them to us. Below is a list of the personal data we process:
- First name and surname
- Address details
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Other personal data you provide actively by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence or by telephone
Personal data of children
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years of age, unless they have permission from their parents or guardians. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is older than 16 or not. Therefore we recommend parents to be involved with the online activities of their children to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you suspect that we obtained personal data about a minor without consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete that information.
The purpose and lawful basis for processing personal data
Inavata Limited processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your order and your payment;
- To send our newsletter and/or advertising leaflet;
- To call or e-mail you if this is necessary to implement our services;
- To inform you of changes to our products and services;
- To provide you with the option to create an account;
- To deliver goods and services to you;
- Inavata Limited analyses your behaviour on the website in order to improve the website and to match the range of products and services to your preferences;- To send you personalised and customised e-mailings.
No automated decision making
Inavata Limited does not take decisions about matters that could have considerable consequences for persons on the basis of automated processes. This concerns decisions that are taken by computer programmes or systems, without involving humans (an Inavata Limited employee for example).
Inavata Limited uses the following computer programmes or systems:
- Lightspeed is open-source software for building websites and online shops
- It stores the personal data of the ordering client to send the order to the correct person.
- It also stores the data of persons who created an account for the purpose of accelerated administrative order processing for the client.
- Mailchimp: is an e-mail service and marketing automation provider, which enables a business to send personalised and customised e-mailings.
- It stores personal data of newsletter subscribers or clients who consented to receiving information and special offers from Inavata Limited to share the most suitable information with that end user.
- Hotjar is a programme for receiving feedback and comments from website visitors to electricfence-online.co.uk.
- This programme stores client data to ensure Inavatas Customer Services can contact the persons in question.
How long we store personal data
Inavata Limited stores your personal data no longer than strictly necessary to achieve the purpose for which your data was collected. We operate the following maximum retention periods for the following categories of personal data:
- Order information; retained for 5 years following the order in order to answer any queries from the client
- Newsletter subscription; unlimited retention, deleted after unsubscribing; used for communication with the client.
- Account records; data is deleted after 5 inactive years.
- Contact forms at electricfence-online.co.uk are used to store questions of website visitors. This data is retained for up to 5 years after submission.
- Client data that is submitted in writing is destroyed confidentially after digitisation.
- Digital client data that is not required for another category, such as warranty registration, is destroyed two years after completing the last transaction;
- Written reviews on the website are retained for as long as they are relevant, unless the author submits a request for removal.
- The above is with due regard to any different statutory duty of retention or any impending dispute.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Inavata Limited does not sell your data to third parties and only provides it when this is required to implement the agreement with you, required by a justifiable interest of us or a third party or to comply with a statutory obligation.
We conclude a data processors agreement with businesses that process your data on our instructions to ensure a similar level of security and confidentiality of your data. Inavata Limited uses processors for the following categories of processing - sending e-mailings by means of Mailchimp, …. Inavata Limited remains responsible for this processing.
We may request information about you from third parties such as credit reference agencies i.e. Multisafepay. We will add this information to the information we currently hold about you to enable us to make decisions about your creditworthiness and/or to detect or revent money laundering and fraud.
Where we make such a request we will inform you of this intention and explain whether any record of the search will be recorded on a credit file. You have a right to obtain a copy of your credit file. For more information, go to https://www.multisafepay.com/privacy-cookies/.
Cookies or similar techniques that we use
Inavata Limited uses functional, analytical and tracking cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit this website for the first time.
We also place tracking cookies that record your browsing habits so we can tailor content and advertising. During your first visit to our website, we informed you about these cookies and asked for your permission place it.
This website uses Google Analytics cookies. Inavata Limited uses this service to collect reports on how visitors use the site. Google may share this information with third parties, as long as Google is required to do so by law or if third parties process the data on behalf of Google. Inavata Limited has no influence. Inavata Limited has signed a processor agreement with Google.
On this website, cookies are placed by other third parties. These are the following parties: Facebook, Bing and Hotjar. For the privacy statements of these parties, we refer you to the pages of these parties.
Inspect, rectify or erase data
You are entitled to inspect your data and to have them rectified or erased. You are also entitled to 1) withdraw any consent to data processing, 2) object to Inavata Limited processing your personal data and 3) you are entitled to data portability of personal data you provided to us to another organisation designated by you. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have on you in a computer file to you or to another organisation designated by you.
You can send a request for inspection, rectification, erasure or data portability of your personal data or a request to withdraw your consent or your objection to processing personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inavata Limited shall comply with such a request within a reasonable period of time insofar as the request is not in breach of any statutory obligation or a more compelling reasonable interest of Inavata Limited.
To ascertain that the inspection request was made by you, please submit a copy of your proof of identity with your request. Please black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizens service number (BSN) on this copy to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than within four weeks. Inavata Limited would also like to point out that you have the option to submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
How we secure your personal data
Inavata Limited takes the protection of your data seriously and takes suitable technical and organisational measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, accidental disclosure and unpermitted amendments. We invest in keeping the security of our website up to date for this purpose. If you are under the impression that your data are not secured properly or if there are indications of misuse, please contact our Customer Services at email@example.com
Being the data subject, you have the following rights according to:
- art. 15 GDPR, the right to obtain information about your personal data which we process, within the scope described therein;
- art. 16 GDPR, the right to immediately demand rectification of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- art. 17 GDPR, the right to request erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing is required
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest or
- for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
- art. 18 GDPR, the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as obligation textual change technical change
- Data protection and security
- the accuracy of the data is contested by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you refuse
- we no longer need the data, but you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with art. 21 GDPR;
- art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a
structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another controller;
- art. 77 GDPR, the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your habitual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
Inavata Limited reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement. It is recommended to check this Privacy Statement from time to time so that you are aware of any amendments.
This Privacy Statement was most recently amended on 18 May 2018.