RSPB Approved - proudly made in the UK
CatWatch is the only ultrasonic cat deterrent to have been fully tested approved by the RSPB.
To prove the effectiveness of the CatWatch cat deterrent, the RSPB undertook a two-year scientific trial to find out how effective CatWatch is against cat intrusion in residential gardens. The results were published in the Applied Animal Behaviour Science Journal and concluded that CatWatch significantly reduces cat intrusion and that the longer CatWatch is used, the greater the deterrent effect.
CatWatch works by detecting the presence of a cat up to 40ft away and emitting an ‘ultrasonic’ noise at a frequency that can only be heard by cats up to 60ft away. This noise causes the cat some discomfort and causes them to leave the area. Some cats flee immediately, whereas others are more territorial and may actually try to make the CatWatch leave!! Obviously, they soon work out that they cannot win this battle for dominance and move on after a week or so.
CatWatch cannot be heard by humans, dogs or other garden wildlife. The noise is perfectly safe and does not harm the cats in any way. In fact, CatWatch can be used to protect your cat’s life, by deterring them from going near roads or railway tracks, for example.
Would you like to make the CatWatch even more effective, you could use the mains adapter. When the CatWatch is powered through the mains adapter, the product will become 30% louder compared to battery powered.
- PIR sensor detects body movement& heat up to 40ft
- microchip control activates signal only when a cat is present
- emits a series of modulating frequencies (21-24 kHz) only repellant to cats
- 9-volt alkaline battery lasts up to 3-months
- mains adaptor kit with 33ft (10m) leads also available (Increases volume by 30%)
- on/off switch plus red LED activation light
- positioning stake
- secure all-weather high impact casing