Mains Powered Electric Fence Kit for Pond Protection with Tape
Hotline Mains Powered Electric Fence Kit for Pond Protection with Tape
This electric fencing kit includes everything you might need to create a semi-permanent electric fence suitable for protecting ponds against predators such as Heron.
The supplied components allow for a great deal of flexibility regarding construction and can be adapted to deter various unwelcome visitors to your pond with the design of your fence determined by the natural behaviour of the predators.
For example; A trip wire setup, with the extra jolt of an electric shock usually seems to do the trick against Heron. Heron will seldom land in the water, preferring instead to wade into the shallows from the bank; so to create a fence that has proven effective against heron set up a 'trip wire' fence consisting of two (occasionally three) lines of either wire or green tape supported on our rabbit fence posts approximately 1 foot from the waters edge. This will deter the heron from walking to the ponds edge and also restricts the room available to land on the bank inside the fence, thus making the pond less attractive. In some cases it may be worth considering connecting additional lines across the pond or cutting corners etc.
Other animals may require more electrified lines to stop them, depending on their size and behaviour patterns. Mink and Otters for example will require a three or four line system to stop them, while a dog will most likely be stopped by two lines, much like the Heron.
This Pond Protection Kit includes the following items:
- 1 x Hotline HLC40 Mains Energiser (47HLC40)
- 1 x Earth Spike (47ES2)
- 1 x HT/G 10 Double Insulated Cable (47HT10G)
- 1 x 200m TC41/2 Supercharge 10mm Electro-Tape (47TC41-2)
- 2 x CP3 (Pack of 10) Plastic Rabbit/Garden Electric Fence Posts (47CP3)
- 2 x P40 Electric Fence Warning Signs (47P40)
- 1 x C73/2 Tape Clamp Double 47C73-2
- 1 x P70 Fence Tester - 5 'O' Lite (47P70)
- Selection of connectors/insulators appropriate to the fencing material.
Need help? Contact our experts!
Phone: 0121 281 8163